At Galveston Veterinary Clinic we will do our very best to make your pet's stay with us a happy and comfortable experience. All members of the Galveston Veterinary Clinic team are highly experienced and trained to care for your pet with the same compassion and attention they would give to their own animal companions. You will have the added benefit of knowing that if your pet experiences any illness while you're away, it will be promptly and competently addressed by one of our clinicians.
When bringing your pets to stay with us, there are a few pieces of information you will need to provide by the time you are checking in. Please be prepared to supply a good contact number for a decision maker for your pets' medical decisions. It's critical for us to be able to reach someone for approval in the event medical treatment is needed while your pet is in our care. As mandatory evacuation orders include departure for our team and patients, we will also need a contact number for someone who is able to take your pet with them should an evacuation be necessary.
Our facility is a veterinary hospital, and beyond maintaining high standards of cleanliness and sanitation to prevent the spread of communicable diseases, we also require all boarding pets to have received vaccinations recently enough to be immunized against rabies and distemper. Dogs must also be sufficiently vaccinated to have current protection against parvovirus, kennel cough, and influenza. If your pets' vaccines were performed at another facility, please provide written proof of vaccination from your prior veterinarian. Pets without proof of vaccination will be required to receive any missing vaccines at the time of check in. Please be sure to supply any daily medications your pet is currently receiving, as well as instructions detailing the dosage, routes of administration, and frequency with which the medications must be given. Feel free to print and fill out this form and bring into your next visit: Boarding Medications, so that we are prepared to care for your pet as you would at home.
Beyond the knowledgable care of our highly trained team, all boarders at our facility also enjoy the following amenities:
- 100% indoor runs
- Fenced outside exercise area
- Fully climate controlled accommodations
- Quality nutrition
- Kitty condos, separate from dog boarding areas
- At a minimal additional cost to you, additional services that can be performed while your pet stays with us includes
- Bathing and deshedding services
- Personal Attention Time, or PAT, beyond the daily exercise times can be participated in Monday – Friday. We have a second spacious and secure lawn with a paddling pool, toys to fetch, and shade for lounging to exercise and entertain our athletic boarders. We also have additional team members to accommodate those who just need a bit of extra brushing and love.
- Medical and/or anesthetic procedures booked in advance, saving you the extra time needed transport and monitor your pet.
- Special Care Medical Boarding